Monday, April 16, 2012

Dinner at Antibes Bistro

Back to Antibes Bistro again last week, but what a difference a month makes. I assumed 
the restaurant had new management, or simply just a  new owner. None of the old servers
were there, and the food was not as good as the last few times.
 I had a perky girl as my waitress. She came over to ask how everything is
every five minutes. I believe there's a fine line between being caring and annoying.  

Beet And Goat Cheese beet sauce, crushed walnuts, herb salad
This one still maintains the standard as before.

Country Duck Pate caramelized pear, port reduction, aged balsamic
I ended up having two orders of this, because the waitress insisted
she will remember all of the orders without writing it down.
Of course, she made a mistake.

Seared Foie Gras red wine onion marmalade, brioche, port syrup
This used to be my favorite dish, and the main reason for me to go there.
The size of the toast remained the same, but not the Foie Gras. It's smaller, and
was not as delectable as before. 

Seared NY Strip potato puree, watercress, maitre d' butter

Chicken Under Brick truffle potato puree, haricots verts, chicken 

Pan Seared Tuna saffron parsnip puree, artichoke hearts, caramelized leek
I ordered this medium rare, but it came well done.
Not sure if it was the chef, or the perky waitress's fault.

Australian Lamb Shank white corn polenta , cippolini onion


No comments:

Post a Comment