Sunday, March 25, 2012

Dinner at Cafe Istanbul

I went to a Turkish restaurant for the first time the other night. I was hesitant at first, as I didn't know what to expect. But, I am truly glad I went. The restaurant is called Istanbul located at
1715 Emmons Ave, Brooklyn. When I walked in, I immediately knew I was in the right place for the good Turkish food. The restaurant's family-style atmosphere is very authentic, and on the night I went (a Saturday), my party was the only non-Turkish group I could see. I can't wait to go back again










Ahtapot Salatasi - Octopus Salad combination of grilled octopus, red onion, tomatoes, parsley, olive oil and dressing

Kalamar Tava - Fried Calamari calamari rings lightly pan-fried
Fried Calamari is a must order dish for me whenever I dine out.
Crispy outside, and the calamari is very fresh and tender. Not those frozen calamari
 some other awful restaurants serve.

Karisik Izgara - Mix Grill combination of chicken kebab, shish kebab, meat ball and lamb chop
Love the authentic and the spice of this dish. 

Karides Guvec - Shrimp Casserole large shrimp baked in a casserole with mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, red bell peppers, garlic and shredded cheese on top
Another great dish. The tomato sauce is luscious , but not overpowering the
flavorful  of the shrimp.

Akdeniz Levregi - Imported Mediterranean Sea Bass exotic, tender and delicious white meat served whole, recommended char-grilled
The best dish of the everything. Simply one word "Excellent"

No comments:

Post a Comment